Planning and Modelling Analyst
Planning and Modelling Analyst
Competitive Basic Salary + company car and excellent benefits
This position reports to the Risk Manager - Credit Risk. The Planning and Modelling Analyst is responsible for a range of activities critical to the delivery of the Risk Management strategy including bespoke data modelling of both the Bank and FS portfolios. As well as regular contact with Head Office the role holder will work with a variety of different departments and external consultants.
Crucially, the role holder will need to take a pro-active approach to analysing trends in the portfolio, paying particular attention to shifts in the portfolios that may introduce longer-term risks. All trends and exceptions identified in the regular suite of reports must be reviewed, investigated and appropriately reported. The role holder will be responsible for all duties and responsibilities shown below as well as any additional tasks which will be carried out in accordance with the requirements described above and any other applicable regulations, statutes, policies and procedures.
- Support the development and implementation of Risk scorecards, including calibration of the models.
- Designing and construction of financial modelling techniques that are transparent, auditable, and flexible to deliver both regular and bespoke management information.
Analysis & Insight
- Production of detailed portfolio analysis, including the production of reporting for the Credit and Lending Risk Committee.
- Designing and delivery of reporting metrics for the effectiveness of credit risk strategy.
- Credit scorecard and portfolio model monitoring and analysis.
- Production of data and trend analytics relating to monthly and quarterly movements in portfolio risk profile.
- Creation of bespoke, ad hoc reporting and analysis using SQL, SAP Business Objects, Excel, Tableau, SAP BW, and other tools.
- Identify and develop metrics for monitoring data quality and accuracy.
- Provision of support to the Head of Credit Risk through involvement in projects and initiatives as required
- Identify the impact of changes to business systems and processes on credit risk metrics.
- Liaison with other areas of VWFS UK, VWFS AG, VW Group UK as required.
Audit & Control
- Development of processes, systems and procedures to further improve efficiency and productivity of Risk & Governance functions.
- Production of data and information in support of internal and external audit processes.
- Regular update and refinement of existing procedures and processes, including verification of relevant policy documents and process maps.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid commercial experience, ideally within the financial service industry, preferably in a Risk or comparable analytical environment.
- A data analytics background is essential, requiring full competence using data analytics tools such as SQL, SAP BW, MS Excel and MS Access.
- Experience to confidently and appropriately make, defend, and challenge decisions.
- Good communication skills across functional areas and up to Senior Management level with the ability to target outputs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A proactive approach with the ability to react appropriately and effectively to changing circumstances and demands.
- Ability to interpret complex problems, formulate solutions, and innovate to ensure effective delivery under pressure.
- Ability to question and challenge business requirements whilst delivering practical and efficient solutions.
- Ability to communicate complicated and technical information in a clear and concise way and to a high standard.
- Self-motivated, with a high level of drive and personal commitment with a desire to develop skills and experience.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet multiple strict deadlines and performance targets, with an ability to prioritise work accordingly.
- High attention to detail, quality, consistency and accuracy.
- Degree or equivalent in a numerate subject
- A sound understanding of retail financial services products and the requirements of working in a regulated industry sector.
- Experience of working in projects across all stages of the project management lifecycle.
Company car, fuel card + discounted loan car scheme, annual discretionary bonus, 27 days holiday, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, free on-site parking, and much more