£18,000 + Pension, flexible holidays
Our client is part of a Global group, this particular role is based at their UK HQ. They operate in a very "Customer focussed" environment and have a substantial finance function based in Coventry. They are renown for presenting employees great opportunities for career enhancement.
Working within this central finance function you will accompany a team of fellow Assistant Accountants assuming responsibility for a broad range of activities such as:
- Manage and maintain the integrity of high volumes of data contained within the In house software system and ensure all current reporting requirements are fully delivered within agreed timetable to the highest quality standards
- Manage/Control the project approval procedure with an emphasis on the control and reporting of CAPEX
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders across different cost centres to ensure the completion of project final accounts
- Help to ensure the timely and accurate capitalisation of fixed assets within timescale as agreed with Chief Accountant and closure of projects on the internal software system
- Help to ensure all capital spend is analysed between items of a capital and revenue nature and appropriately reflected in the financial general ledger
- Reconcile and control Work-In-Progress general ledger accounts
- Assist in Budget forecasting for depreciation charge and capital expenditure
- Collate capital expenditure information to produce monthly management accounts
Our client definitely seek a "team" player, you will liaise daily with may internal stakeholders and in doing so your communication skills will be put to great use. Perhaps you are an accountancy graduate with some demonstrable practical accounts experience to bring to the table, alternatively you may have chose to work towards your AAT or ACCA/CIMA. Due to the high volumes of data you will be expected to put a good level of Excel knowledge to good use. The environment is guaranteed to bring out the best of your organisational skills and put to test your ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
What’s in it for you?
On offer is a great opportunity to work as part of cohesive team within large global organisation. You will work for a caring and supportive Finance Manager who has an outstanding knowledge of the business and a passion for allowing individuals to develop their skills.
Your benefits will include 23 days holiday (rising with service), Flexible annual leave schemes, discretionary bonus scheme, Many other Group benefits
We would really like to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat about Accountancy opportunities like this for 2017
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies.