Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
The role reports to the IT Service Support Team Manager and forms part of the Service Support Team. The primary purpose of the role is to provide 1st level incident, request and problem fulfilment for all IT systems and services, including (but not limited to); Desktop PCs and peripherals, Laptops and mobile computing, Telephony, Networking, Microsoft operating systems and packages and 3rd party systems.
- Receive calls via telephone, email and in person, interpret the needs of the caller and create Incident, Request or Problem records as appropriate
- Resolve allocated Incidents, Requests and Problems by following defined fulfilment processes, ensuring defined SLAs are met
- Complete scheduled tasks based on established processes
- Provide any specified output or update as defined by the Customer Service Manager or IT Service Support Team Manager
- Undertake maintenance tasks, internally driven, that enable the team to continue to provide a specific service or which address a risk to provision of an existing service
- Recognise when the need for internal escalation on work items arises and manage effectively
- Seek to minimise the level of effort a user must expend to have their issue resolved by the team
- An IT related academic qualification (BTEC, HND, A Level, Degree or equivalent) and\or experience working within an IT support role is preferred
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Experience in a similar IT helpdesk would be ideal
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Office suites
- Confident with computers and familiarity with remote working solutions
- Based in Reigate
- £200 per day
- 6 month contract starting ASAP
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Please note; Due to the large number of applications that we receive, if you have not had a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our Optima Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as useful information about the job market, CVs and interviews.
Optima Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ providing recruitment services throughout Surrey.