Commercial Litigation Solicitor
An exciting opportunity has arisen at DBS Law for an experienced Commercial Litigation Solicitor (5 years + PQE) to lead an already successful department to its full potential. The role is based at our Nottingham office, but travel to Birmingham as and when required is necessary.
This role requires an individual with the ability to handle a variety of different tasks with exposure to a wide range of dispute resolution work, litigation, arbitration and ADR. Good technical knowledge and experience in all Commercial Litigation matters is essential.
You will work as a regional leader with a wide reaching client base and will be given the autonomy for your vision to take effect. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career working within a busy and friendly team, and to play a substantial role in the firms’ development activities.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, a structured review processes with opportunities to progress to Associate Director appointment, a happy and welcoming environment in which to work and first class support services to help you along the way.
If you are a Commercial Litigation Solicitor with the applicable experience and feel you have the suitable skills, please apply.
- Advising in relation to and representing clients in commercial litigation matters, whether through litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution, with minimal supervision. The work types shall include, but not limited to contractual and commercial disputes, professional negligence, injunctions, commercial fraud, debt recovery, property litigation and contentious probate.
- Expanding our provision of commercial litigation services regionally.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and market intermediaries.
- Leading and proactive participation in individual, team and office based business development initiatives.
- Delegating client work effectively to junior fee-earners as appropriate.
- Contributing effectively to department and firm wide performance goals.
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
•Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application
•Strong client focus
•Drive and enthusiasm
•Substantial client management experience
•Proven track record in origination/business development
Experience and qualifications
•Solid academic record
•Qualified solicitor with relevant PQE in advising a broad diet of commercial litigation matters
•Ability to manage files independently
Join our team
What drives your decision for what law firm to work for? Is it being given the opportunity to excel in your field in a thriving client base? Is it the chance to be innovative within your field and offer your clients that something special? Or are you more inclined to work somewhere that allows you to improve both yourself and the communities around you?
If so, then DBS is the perfect fit for you!
More than a law firm
At DBS Law, we’re not like traditional law firms - and we don’t hide it!
We’re always looking at innovative new ways of servicing our clients, staying true to our core values of providing award-winning customer service, working to provide added value beyond our legal service offering, and having a positive impact to the communities we serve in the Midlands and nationwide.
This is highlighted through being the first law firm to receive the Government Cabinet Office’s Customer Service Excellence charter mark award, through our additional offerings through our legal and professional services such as our fee-share network Atrium or our lunchtime briefings Law over Lunch, as well as through our community work with DBS Heart.
Through extensive investment in our IT infrastructure, we are now able to offer a number of flexible working initiatives to our staff including flexible hours, home working, and hot-desking.
We offer our staff a range of employee benefits including:
- private health insurance
- dental cover,
- a monthly contribution towards gym membership,
- life assurance,
- death in service cover, and
- a stakeholder pension.