A pro-active field based sales role responsible for driving new business and growing accounts for the venue. Responsible for building the venue profile in local and national markets by creating and executing an exceptional sales plan.
Looking for entrepreneurial personality with the drive to succeed and the ability to maximize the meetings and events revenue potential in the venue. A self-motivated individual with a strong desire to work within a sales environment and must be a highly motivated pro-active self-starter, with commitment and drive for business development and a knack for relationship building.
- An active team member sharing ideas and participating in team spirit, and be loyal to and supportive of colleagues including any temporary members of staff.
- Achieve performance objectives and set KPI’s specific to role
- Develop strong working relationships with key members of national sales team
- Undertake training and development
- Attend internal meetings as required
- To provide outstanding customer service
- Process enquiries & proposals,
- Providing best value options to customers while maximising sales opportunities
- Follow-up enquiries & proposals
- Support the implementation and monitoring of all company marketing initiatives.
- Participate in local/national networking/sales initiatives and relevant familiarisation trips
- Raise the profile of the venue through local business networking groups Venue Awareness
- At least 1 year’s experience within a hotel, venue or MICE agency
- Minimum 2 years experience within hospitality/travel industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and confident in MS Excel; Word and Outlook Venue knowledge
- Ability to inspire customer trust and confidence
- Passionate about hospitality, sales and customer service
- Ability to multi-task, think fast and to deliver solutions to customer requirements
- A good sense of humour, flexible and forward thinking to anticipate problems before they arise
- Assertive, calm works well under pressure
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company and FTSE100 business. We employ up to 80,000 people annually - a figure that contributes significantly to our status as the world’s 11th largest employer - and provide a wide range of services to clients in every conceivable sector including Schools, Race Courses, Hospitals, Power Stations, High-street stores and everything in between.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.