EDS Design Engineer
Our Client; a globally operating major Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer who specialise in the supply of high technology wiring harnesses and instrumentation clusters seek an experienced EDS (Electrical Distribution System) Design Engineer to join their ever expanding team in the West Midlands. This position is offering a competitive (albeit negotiable) basic salary which will be dependent upon relevant experience and a full benefits package.
At our Client, Electrical Distribution Systems Engineering is driven by a passion to continuously innovate and improve processes in concept, quality & technological requirements. They deliver complete EDS solutions using state of the art technologies for wiring harnesses and components such as wire, junction boxes, fusing, connectors etc. As the founder of modern EDS they are a global market leader for products with excellent reliability and performance along with the highest customer satisfaction.
This roles reports to the Engineering Manager.
Main responsibilities and expected outcomes:
- Provide the design expertise ensuring best practice solutions required to achieve all programme Electrical Distribution System / Harness design deliverables.
- Carry out concept design studies utilising CAE tools and physical bucks.
- Prepare accurate & timely component drawings for release into customers system and first tier plants.
- Participate fully in on site evaluation of product at vehicle assembly plants.
- Prepare and deliver clear, effective technical information to the customer.
- Be responsible for receiving, monitoring and providing customer responses and actions.
- Work to project-timing plans for communication to customer.
- Support APQP activities where required.
- Obtain and implement specifications accurately and effectively.
- Measure and report progress clearly & effectively against the project plan.
- Recommend and take necessary actions to steer us back on course when progress deviates from the project plan, or you believe it may deviate from the plan.
- Identify & immediately report any major roadblocks to your line management with a recommended course of action.
- Support all testing activities.
- Be willing to be flexible with both your time and application of your skills and experience in order to ensure total supplier excellence as perceived by the customer.
Qualifications and experience ideally required:
- You will ideally have an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience (ideally in Electrical/Electronic Engineering).
- Should have prior practical Design Engineering experience; ideally within the Automotive manufacturing or an aligned industry sector together with knowledge and/or experience in wiring harnesses / wiring loom design and manufacture.
- CAD experience (Ideally CATIA v5 and/or AutoCAD).
- Electrical Distribution System experience combined with DFM.
- Working knowledge of GPDS, DVP, FMEA and APQP is desirable.
- Conversant with quality systems i.e. Q1/QS9000/TS16949.
- TQM philosophy.
- Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Lotus Notes.
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.