Business Development Manager
Our Client, a well-respected Construction training provider based just North of Birmingham are looking for a confident Business Development Manager to join their successful team. The ideal candidate will have a background in either recruitment or selling apprenticeships/ NVQ’s. Exceptional sales professionals from other industries will also be considered.
A competitive salary of between £24,000 and £27,000 depending on experience. May be flexible beyond this for the right candidate. Excellent bonus structure! OTE £40,000 +.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities as well as matching existing learners to placements and managing client relationships within the construction sector.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Identify new companies to target both face to face, over the phone and via digital media to discuss apprenticeship programmes.
- Describe the benefits of taking on an apprentice or upskilling companies’ current workforce.
- Act as a key contact for employers, ensuring they are satisfied and securing repeat business.
- Identify training needs of employees and recommend solutions/ funding streams.
- Prepare proposals for employers.
- Advertise vacancies and shortlist suitable candidates.
- Interview potential learners and match skill set with placements at employers.
- Discuss government grants with employers.
- Provide advice and guidance to learners.
- Support learners with application forms for employment or further training.
- Work to targets and KPIs.
- Complete general administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or experience in a recruitment environment (desirable.)
- An ability to work to targets.
- An ability to build strong business relationships.
- Knowledge of construction (preferred but not essential.)
- Good Microsoft Word/ Excel skills.
- Good knowledge of social media.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
Benefits to include:-
- A competitive starting salary of between £24,000 and £27,000 depending on experience. May be flexible beyond this for the right candidate.
- Quarterly bonus scheme, with the potential to earn £4,500 per quarter!
- Realistic first year bonus potential of £10k- £15k.
- A flexible and friendly working environment.
- Working hours Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
- 20 days’ annual leave + Christmas shut down + Bank holidays.
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.