Customer Quality Engineer
The Role: Customer Quality Engineer
Salary Range: £28,000 - £35,000
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Job Status: Permanent
The Client: Our global client designs, develops, manufactures and integrates an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s car manufacturers.
The Role: The primary function of the role is to support the company in successful introduction of new products, drive quality improvements and resolution of quality concerns.
- To ensure that customer and internal concerns are dealt with efficiently via QIP/PPS process, reports and any other information flow are managed on a timely basis.
- To instigate quality improvements in the Value Streams.
- To ensure that relevant quality data/information is properly recorded as per the existing system and procedures
- To manage & coordinate the Quality activities according to the RASIC for New Product launches
- To carry out system & process audits in order to support the company audit schedule
Comply with the Company’s total quality philosophy by:
- Seeking opportunities for continuous improvement
- Identifying ways of eliminated waste
- Striving to exceed the internal and external customers’ expectations
- Provide quality-engineering support for APQP, Warranty and Value Streams.
- To ensure the effective use of FMEA
- To support PCR, ECN and deviation system
- To liaise with external customers and suppliers as and when necessary.
- To work with all functions of the company, its customers and suppliers in order to identify root cause of product non-conformities or performance issues at all stages of product life cycle.
- To work with the customer and supplier base to reduce non-conformance issues, including customer / supplier visits.
- Ensure the appropriate customer documentation is completed for relevant changes
The ideal candidate profile:
- HNC or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Develops personal objectives that clearly link to company goals
- Works well as part of a team, Coaches and supports others, influences and communicates effectively
- Constantly develops own performance, focusing on speed, efficiency and effective execution
- Measures success through the eyes of the customer, works effectively across different cultures
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions, has the courage to face difficult conversations honestly
The benefits include:
- 33 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA health assessments at corporate rates, however at employee’s expense
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership