A newly created and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to work within the Supply Chain Reporting team for a leading FMCG company based in Manchester.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, the primary responsibilities of this role is to maintain costing runs for European sites and managing the UK consignment stock process. Provide accurate and timely information to enable completion of Group Supply Chain Report.
- Responsible for European costing activities relating to period end, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Reconciliation of UK Consignment usage and prices on SAP against supplier invoices
- Preparation of group PPV report
- Collate feedback received from sites and issue COP tracker
- Calculation of Stock Revaluation postings on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of Slow Moving stock analysis
- Posting of costs of goods journals to enable analysis by site
- Calculation of accruals for Vendor Rebates
- Allocation of FX impact to relevant sites.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of packaging waste submission and ad-hoc analysis required by customers.
- Creation and issue of budget templates to sites
- Ad-hoc reporting and investigation on behalf of the Site Finance and costing team.
Assistant Accountant Specification:
- CIMA part qualified or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in an FMCG finance environment
- Experience of using SAP
- Proficient excel skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a Assistant Accountant to join a leading FMCG business with excellent routes for progression and development.
If this is something you might be interested I'd love to here from you. Please email me with a copy of your CV to or ring me on .