Trainee Employee Benefits Consultant
J Edward Sellars, based in Clevedon near Bristol, has been providing Employee Benefits and Insurance services to both Business and private clients in the South West since 1975.
We are currently in a stage of expansion and are looking to strengthen our Employee Benefits team. As a result of this we are looking to appoint a Trainee Employee Benefits consultant.
Summary of role:
As a Trainee Employee Benefits Consultant you will be involved in contacting both businesses and private individuals by telephone to promote and schedule appointments for the employee benefits sales team. As a first point of contact you will also be expected to build relationships with prospective clients, accurately collect and record data to ensure records are kept fully up to date.
Candidates will also be responsible for supporting Consultants in the day to day running of client accounts in relation to a range of healthcare, private medical insurance and broader group risk schemes. You will co-ordinate the administration of schemes and other associated queries including the drafting of renewal reports, negotiating terms with providers and attending client meetings as and when required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contact businesses and private individuals by telephone to promote products and services
- Effectively communicate our service to potential customers (in particular dealing with corporate "gate keepers")
- Lead generation
- Schedule quality appointments for sales staff to meet prospective customers
- Handle new and existing customer enquiries in a professional and effective manner
- Accurate data collection and recording
- Providing ongoing support to existing customers
- Support Consultants in the day to day running of client accounts
- Co-ordinate the administration of schemes and other associated queries
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous telesales/telemarketing experience
- Product knowledge desirable but not essential
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- A good telephone manner
- A strong eye for detail
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- A desire to learn and develop new skills/knowledge
Starting Salary: £15,000 - £17,000
Please email your CV and covering letter to Marc Childs