Our client, a leading provider of structural warranties and buildings insurance, are looking to appoint a Surveying Inspector for the West Midlands area.
To provide site inspection and building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for the companies warranty schemes. Assist fully qualified Risk Management Surveyors in their risk management role. You will be required to work within both brands of the company.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
• Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
• Carrying out final inspections on completed homes.
• Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
• Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
• Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
• Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters - to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
• Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance. • Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
• Surveyor, Clerk of Works, Residential construction inspector.
• Relevant experience within similar role desirable.
• HNC/HND or (S)NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline with minimum grades accepted: Student member of RICS / CIOB / CABE / ICWCI.
• Knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
• Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
• Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
• Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
• Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
• The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
• Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
• Ability to motivate self and influence others.
• Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
• Flexible in personal approach.
• Full UK Driving Licence.