Marketing and Communications Executive
Marketing and Communications Executive, £25,000, Birmingham, Permanent
Your new company
Your new company is a well established organisation who play an integral part of helping businesses within their industry sector. Based just outside Birmingham City Centre with great transport links.
Your new role
Your new role as a Marketing and Communications Executive encompasses a number of responsibilities including developing and implementing marketing strategies that will drive sales, turnover growth and online traffic.
The break down of your duties as Marketing and Communications Executive as as follows:
- Deliver a coherent brand presentation, messages and tone across all communications and touchpoints
- Prepare and implement marketing plans, ensuring the timely delivery of all marketing activity, closely coordinated with the organisations' membership and services marketing plan(s), with measurable ROI
- Create and deliver marketing strategy targeting the wider retail environment
- High standard of copy writing and engaging content creation for all channels
- Conceive, design and produce (using Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 or higher) marketing collateral including DM, advertising, websites, e-marketing, PR, social media profiles and engaging PowerPoint and video content
- To manage external marketing contracts and agencies relevant to the role
- Actively seek opportunities for and implement campaigns to achieve new customer acquisition, customer retention and loyalty
- Become a CRM champion using data analysis for well-informed targeted communications and identifying segmented targets for service growth working closely with the relevant teams and Systems Manager
- To manage internal and external communications to ensure employees and stakeholders are aware of and engaged.
- To be responsible for the content, look, feel and effectiveness of the website
- Collecting and analysing data on success; website hits, sales figures, customer satisfaction, recording and tracking these as a core part of the marketing process
- Realise the digital marketing strategy, contributing ideas and opportunities for improving ROI and to manage the social media presence and to direct programmes to improve social media reputation and recognition
Market and customer research
- Conduct and evaluate market research, market conditions and competitor data and implement marketing plan alterations as needed
- Gather customer insights/business intelligence and create appropriate brand strategies and marketing activities.
- To be responsible for collecting, analysing and developing key market intelligence data
- Manage specified marketing budgets, and reporting progress on a regular basis to senior management, relevant committees and meeting groups
- To hit financial goals and targets and ensure that all activity is delivered to a high standard and to budget
- Contribute to development of and implement new revenue opportunities, such as online advertising revenues, and actively identifying ways of improving cost effectiveness in existing systems and procedures
- Engaging and networking with retailers and key stakeholders; developing strong working relationships
- Building loyalty for the brand amongst delegates, L&D professionals and internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting the Head of Marketing and Events in raising the profile of the Organisation through internal communications
- Adhere to all the necessary internal and external compliance, legal and regulatory frameworks
- Ad-hoc projects and other work as required by the Head of Marketing and Events or Marketing and Membership Director
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed as a Marketing and Communications Executive you will need to be able to demonstrate clearly you have experience in the above responsibilities and also can meet the desired personal competencies below:
- Pro-active, hands-on, creative and passionate - excellent people skills
- Problem solver with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task across different marketing campaigns and projects, keeping schedules moving simultaneously.
- Excellent project and time management skills; deadline driven.
- Strong leadership with professional presentation skills.
- Articulate and personable communicator.
- Strong commercial awareness, and good understanding of UK retail market.
- Communication and negotiation skills for dealing with media, agencies and supporting partners.
- Degree (or equivalent) qualified preferably within marketing.
- IT competency - Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel (data manipulation, use/construction of formulae etc.), use of database systems, online content management and email management systems. Desktop publishing and Creative Suite.
- Professional approach - to represent the Organisation and the marketing team, both internally and externally.
- Flexible approach - weekend and evening work and travel is typical for this role at certain points throughout the year.
What you'll get in return
In return as Marketing and Communications Executive you will get a salary of £25,000
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.