Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary: £25-36,000 + company benefits + overtime
Availability to Interview: Immediate
Sector: Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, BIW
Immediate interviews available for qualified Design Engineers. We are a provider of design and manufacturing capabilities for a wide range of industrial sectors.
We can provide complete solutions to engineering projects and take full responsibility for all phases from concept to delivery.
Reporting to the Engineering Design Manager, you will be designing and detailing conceptual products, producing technical documents and calculations for our varying range of customers.
Overview of main duties includes;
- Perform technical analysis to support your design requirements.
- Support design reviews with customers.
- Provide technical engineering input and support manufacture and test activities.
- Support business development team in preparing technical proposals for customers.
- Visit customer sites in support of project engineering and business development activities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strong background in mechanical design of assembly tooling or test rigs, preferably in the automotive and aerospace industry.
- Previous experience with Work holding/BIW/Inspection media/Test rigs.
- Relevant supporting qualifications in mechanical engineering.
- The ability to quickly understand new technical concepts is essential.
- Experience working with the following software packages;
o Catia V5 - Modelling - Drafting-Surfacing
We are a highly-reputed precision engineering company supplying many blue-chip companies across various sectors with the following scope;
- Specialist work holding equipment
- Assembly tooling
- Inspection and checking media
- Test rigs for automotive/aircraft industry
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible and driven to meet objectives.
- Ability to work both alone and in teams as required by the individual task.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones.