My client, a market leading company, is looking to strengthen its business critical Infrastructure team with an Infrastructure Engineer. You will be joining a dynamic and flexible team performing technical work maintaining, operating and extending the IT platform, whilst also providing third line support for the company.
- Managing the systems, servers and other network components together with telecoms used to deliver our internet-based 24 / 7 service.
- Resolves problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, personal computers, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.).
- Maintain documentation for the network, telecommunications and telephone systems.
- Ensuring the resilience of the service is maintained at all times.
- Take pride in your work and strive to deliver the best you can!
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within industry in a similar role, including some exposure and/or knowledge of high-availability systems.
- First class troubleshooting skills, with an ability to demonstrate this as part of the recruitment process.
- Exposure to VMWare Virtualisation and Shared Storage Practices.
- High level of attention to detail with a methodical, patient approach.
- Network theory including management and performance analysis.
- All basic administration aspects of Core Microsoft products on-premise (Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange) and also their cloud based offerings (Office 365, Azure, and their Cloud based products).
- Citrix Products and Technologies.
- Real world experience of High Availability systems.
- Experience and understanding of providing 5x9’s network availability in customer focused networks.
- Exposure to Juniper SRX firewalls.
- Good understanding of telecommunications.
- A good team player - ability to liaise effectively with work colleagues with a professional approach, especially when under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and proactively.