Purchasing Assistant Vacancy
Are you looking for a new challenge at a growing business in a fast paced industry? Intec Microsystems Ltd are the UK's largest independent IT Distributor with offices in Birmingham, Nottingham and greater Europe. Due to further expansion we are now looking to recruit ambitious, driven and enthusiastic people to join our purchasing team located within the head office and logistics centre in Birmingham. Founded in 2003, we have achieved the amazing feat of growing every single year and after producing a Turnover of £57m in 2015, are on target to invoice over £60m of business this year.
If successful, your daily jobs will include but not be limited to:
- Raising purchase orders
- Calling suppliers
- Carrying out stock searches
- Maintaining stock levels
- Chasing arrival date for incoming stock
- Confirming back orders
- Assisting the sales team with purchase requirements
- Booking in direct deliveries
- Using our in-house systems, Forturo and QTPI
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the following:
- A good telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Be proficient and proactive in prioritising your own work load
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressured environment
- The ability to work well in a team
- Be confident when using computers.
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills
Why come and work for Intec Micro Systems?
- Bi-annual bonuses
- Quarterly social events
- Fast paced & exciting work place
- Full training is provided on joining
- Great career prospects for good, hardworking and enthusiastic employees
- Monthly "Duvet days"
The "other" bits:
- Working Hours - 08:30-17:30 Monday to Friday
- Salary £16,000-£18,000 negotiable upon experience