Network Support - Manchester, £40k to £45k basic
My client is a market leading company who are excellent to work for. They are looking for an experienced Network Support Consultant to be based at their Manchester office who is highly experienced in Cisco, Juniper, Firewalls and VPN. Being CCNA qualified will be an advantage but not necessary.
- VMware, Hyper V and Xen hypervisor systems
- Cisco Network administration
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems 98-2000-ME-XP-Vista-7-8.1-10
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013/+
- Managed Broadband services - Installation, Provisioning and support
- Internet services - POP3, IMAP, IIS and Outlook Web Access
- Netapp, Dell and EMC SAN systems
- System Centre suite 2007 and 2012
- Unix and Linux server administration
- HP Proliant and blade platforms
- SQL and VM clustering support
- SQL Maintenance tasks / backup and monitoring checks.
- Active Directory
- Monitoring Solutions (PRTG)
The role holders’ primary responsibilities:-
Reporting to the IT Director, the Network Consultant will provide support to customers on projects such as new systems configuration and implementation. Additional key part of the role is providing 'end of line’ technical support for complex problems to 1st/2nd Level support staff.
The role holder will also participate in identifying new business opportunities with new and existing customers.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To facilitate the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business impact on the customer within agreed service levels
To facilitate changes or additions to the service environment as directed by the customer either by direct action or by assigning the operation to colleagues or 3rd party suppliers
Monitor and report on customer infrastructure and systems to provide proactive support
Provide advice and guidance to customers to ensure alignment of IT strategy to support the customer business requirements
Provide advice and guidance to customers on the use of standard applications and assist in complex fault resolution
Escalate IT issues to the Services Director/Problem Manager/Operations Manager where appropriate
Undertake design & delivery of customer projects at the direction of the Operations Manager/Services Director
To attend review meetings with customers and colleagues to solve/raise issues
To ensure handover of quality documentation to Service Desk on completion of implementation of new projects
To ensure timely completion of timesheets to enable prompt billing to customers
This is a superb opportunity to join a market leading company with a great reputation in the market. If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply by emailing your CV and I will ring you with more details.