Senior Internal Auditor
A blue chip Financial Services organisation located in Birmingham, West Midlands require a Senior Internal Auditor to lead and perform internal audit reviews (60% operational vs 40% financial) on risk management, internal controls and governance processes of the organisation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform risk-based internal audit reviews, ensuring that all reviews focus on the design and effectiveness of systems, processes and internal controls (including those in respect of fraud prevention). Through the performance of internal audit reviews.
- To lead and supervise other auditors on internal audit assignments as required, including undertaking audit file reviews as directed by the Head of Corporate Audit.
- To make recommendations for the annual Audit Plan to the Board based on insights from engaging with the business, experience of issues / themes raised in the previous year’s audit cycle and from wider observations / understanding of developments within the Organisation.
- Provide insight and contributions to evaluate and improve the organisation’s risk management processes. Identify areas of potential risk and inefficiency within the business for inclusion within the annual Audit Plan.
- Preparation of reports for, and when required attendance at, the organisation’s risk and performance committees and/or Audit Committee.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CMIIA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, IIA, CIA, CMIIA, CISA, QICA etc).
- Demonstrable audit experience particularly within a commercial environment. Experience of audit within Financial Services is advantageous but is NOT essential.
- Proven ability to identify the risks and to audit major transformation programmes and projects, including but not limited to business strategy and model implementation, process re-engineering, IT system development.
- Knowledge of modern audit concepts, techniques and project management.
- The presence, credibility and communication skills (verbal and written) required to influence others at all levels within the business.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Self motivated and well organised.
- High professional integrity and honesty.
- Strong overall business and commercial acumen.
- Experience gained within a Big-4 accounting firm.
This exciting and challenging senior internal audit position will provide outstanding opportunities for progression within the internal audit team or the business. The position requires no travel at all from Birmingham office. If you possess the required internal audit experience and desire a career enhancing position with a meritocratic organisation focused on staff training and development, then please do apply with your full CV details.