Salary: £26,000-£28,000 (£13.33-£14.36 per hour)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, passionate and dynamic Anaesthetic Practitioners to join a fantastic team at a reputable Treatment Centre in Bristol. The centre is bright, modern and welcoming and offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. The service enjoys a fab reputation for providing excellent patient care and really believes in putting patents first. The Treatment Centre is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Bristol.
What you'll be doing
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite and PACU.
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will be working as a skilled member of the theatre team, and being responsible for the assessment of care given to patients within the operating theatre and other areas where an anaesthetic service is required
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will be maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient's clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will have an understanding of scrub and circulating roles and to understand the responsibilities in these roles As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will be expected to carry the anaesthetic bleep as requested and to be a member of the on call team periodically as arranged as per the on call rota.
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will be competent in all aspects of anaesthetic techniques and procedures
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will be competent at resuscitation procedures, maintaining as a minimum ILS competencies
- As an Anaesthetic Practitioner you will demonstrate an understanding of, and compliance to, the Local Standards of Safety for Patients undergoing Interventional Procedures (LocSIPs) with associated internal Standard Operating Processes
What you'll need:
- As Anaesthetic Practitioner you will have relevant and proven experience in the operating theatre, anaesthetics and recovery room
- As Anaesthetic Practitioner you will have experience of assisting intubation, extubation and resuscitation of patients
- As Anaesthetic Practitioner you will have up to date sound clinical knowledge of anaesthetics, sedatives, muscle relaxants, analgesics and emergency drugs as well as pinal, epidural and general anaesthetics
- You will be competent in IV therapies
- You will be NMC registered Level 1 Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner and have an Anaesthetic qualification
Key employee benefits:
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Free membership of our fantastic Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on and or email
This location is commutable from: Glastonbury, Trowbridge, Salisbury, Frome.