IT Support Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Technician to join a thriving company based in Manchester.
The team supports a rapidly growing group of companies; developing, maintaining and improving processes. The nature of the work is incredibly varied due to the different company requirements and the fast-moving, forward-thinking management approach. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, and able to work in a thorough manner and have excellent interpersonal skills.
The jobholder will have daily contact with internal and external stakeholders, other members of the IT department and 3rd parties.
Role and Responsibilities
- To act as the first point of contact for all IT related requests and incident reporting.
- Co-ordinate IT and system related issues and provide updates to key parties
- Liaise with external telephone provider and maintain configuration of market-leading Avaya telephone system
- Regular housekeeping management of in-house systems
- Liaise with external parties regarding Ad-hoc tasks to support all employees and businesses as required
- Liaise with external IT support company on general IT setup and day to day issues, both software and hardware as well as integration with in-house software systems
Key Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of First line support resolution of incidents
- Have a broad overview of IT issues, both software, hardware and telephony systems
- Demonstrate a logical and systematic approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to adapt quickly to different IT systems and processes
- Strong Excel skills including use of advanced formulae
- Knowledge of CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to manage fluid and varied workload
- Be a willing and helpful team player
- Exhibit a flexible, can-do attitude to problem solving using own initiative
- Display strong interpersonal skills both inside and outside the company
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and desire to ensure work is completed thoroughly
- Must be highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Friendly, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, tenacious
- Effective communication skills
Excellent package offered to the succesful candidate.