Vocational Assessor and Employment Tutor
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for a Vocational assessor and employment tutor on a 6 month fixed term contract.
You will be required to assess internally delivered vocational qualifications to the standards required by the awarding bodies and recruit learners to take qualifications in main work areas of the establishment, tutor and assess them through units until course completion.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP Forest Bank is one of the largest prisons in the UK and demonstrates custodial excellence in many areas with an emphasis on risk assessment, addressing comprehensive needs and forming strong links with the community outside which all contribute to reducing reoffending.
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Main responsibilities
- Assess and deliver vocational qualifications in various work areas within the establishment
- Ensure that the assessments meet fully with the requirements of the Internal verification process
- Record data on starters on the computer management system
- Work with the Education Manager and internal verifier in introducing and developing new qualifications where appropriate
- Write accurate and timely assessments and complete other QA paperwork that is necessary for the role
- Meet the requirements of awarding bodies
- Liaise and communicate with different awarding bodies using their own systems and paper work
- Work towards accredited centre status with the support of the internal verifier
- Be responsible for all administrative requirements in the role of assessor
- An assessor qualification
- Occupational competency in more than one area
- A willingness to work towards PTTLS
- Experience of working successfully with accrediting and regulatory bodies
- A thorough understanding of the vocational qualification structure and awarding body requirements
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.