Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Mitchell Adam is working with an emergent retail business that is undergoing a large change-management programme that now need to appoint an assured, ambitious and talented Group FP&A Manager to establish a new group reporting function.
Working closely with the FD and managing a FP&A team of 3, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for the integrity and timely completion of group reporting, financial planning and financial statements in line with latest accounting standards. Amongst other things, the role will encompass responsibility for the budgeting and forecasting process for the entire business, finance business partner support for budget-holders across the business, production of board reports and presentations, analysis of competitors and acquisition targets and investment appraisal support.
Not a typical Group Financial Planning & Analysis role, this opportunity will demand that you think commercially and build effective relationships right throughout the business, as well as providing expertise to group reporting processes. The importance of setting up a function that suits business needs is paramount, so this will be a chance to implement tangible improvements and put your own stamp on a growing business.
Ideally, you will:
- Have knowledge / understanding of latest accounting standards, balanced with some commercial experience that demonstrates effective business partnering qualities;
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a confident communication style, preferably having had exposure to dealing with senior managers (non-finance) in order to influence them to embrace recommended improvements to controls, and obtain key information to tight timescales;
- Have demonstrable organisation skills, allowing you to easily balance concurrent projects and a busy workload, effectively prioritising duties for the benefit of the business;
- Be a self-starter with tangible initiative - the role will need a proactive person who can initiate and manage their own priorities / workload in order to be successful.
In return, you will:
- Join a growing, commercially-focussed, successful and fast-paced organisation that will provide genuine opportunities to develop your career and skill-set;
- Gain varied exposure in a diverse role, giving you great financial, operational and commercial experience in a growing business;
- Have the exciting opportunity to build a new group reporting function (and all associated processes), establish your own ideas, implement continued improvements and influence decisions in a senior level role, helping to further sharpen your commercial acumen;
- Receive a leading benefits package and a competitive base salary that is regularly reviewed to reflect performance.
Are you a talented Finance Manager looking to assume a broad and varied senior role in a growing and successful business and enjoy fantastic career opportunities? If so then this is a role to explore further…