Commercial Management Accountant
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Commercial Management Accountant for a reputable service firm based in Manchester city centre. We are looking to recruit a high calibre and ambitious commercial management accountant as a result of sustained growth. This is an exceptionally fast paced, highly entrepreneurial organisation where you will be constantly challenged in an ever changing environment.
Working closely with the Financial Director and Financial Controller and senior stakeholders throughout the business, this is a key role and the successful candidate will be fully involved in the production of management reporting for presentation and discussion with senior members of the business, including the partners.
- Own the delivery of all management reporting to the firm's stakeholders;
- Review the production of the monthly management information and management accounts, ensuring internal deadlines are always met and supporting the preparation process where necessary;
- Be the key Finance person on any systems upgrades/migrations;
- Be the 'go-to' person for all new Finance related MI requests;
- Own the preparation of overhead budgets and forecasts for the Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow;
- Develop flexible and scalable financial models to support investment opportunities;
- Work with the Financial Control team to identify areas for process improvement/ automation, and to implement solutions, working with the Finance Systems team and IT team as appropriate;
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to ultimately automate as much of the standard reporting as possible;
- Manage the workload of direct reports, review all outputs, and carry out regular performance management; and
- Work with the Commercial Team to develop and improve financial systems, ensuring systems facilitate appropriate management information and wider business need.
- Proactively drive improvements in reporting and challenging existing reports
- Partnering with key personnel to help develop a strong sense of financial performance within the business
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) making your first/second move from practice or coming from a similar management accountant role.
The successful candidate needs to be driven, inquisitive and have a desire to succeed and improve. This is a very exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate candidate to forge a career in a highly successful developing business. You can expect to progress quickly within the organisation if performing well within the role and adding value.
You will have strong analytical and reporting skills, advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL would be desirable
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.