Business Development Executive
My client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of production services to live events industry. They are currently looking for a Business Development Executive to develop new business for the company. The role is a full time position and will be working from the company’s’ Birmingham offices.
The company provides an end to end solution for the delivery of live events and offers a suite of services from audio visual production and technical staging through to creative content production and digital and interactive services.
While live event experience and AV product knowledge are desirable, the main attributes we are looking for are a good level of previous telesales experience allied to enthusiasm, determination and a positive attitude. The right candidate will have good communication skills, be comfortable on the phone and capable of nurturing leads and turning sales activity into an appointment or a call with the business development team.
The main responsibility will be to open and develop new client relationships
This will include the following duties:
- Appointment generation through cold calling clients to arrange an appointment for one of our sales team to meet with them to discuss their needs or to obtain the opportunity to quote for their work
- Calling customers attending exhibitions or visiting one of our venues to offer Audio Visual hire services
- Researching leads from the database and from external sources such as trade press or internet research
- Supporting the Business Development Managers in targeting clients, managing diary and following up on leads
- Working to agreed KPI’s and comfortable work on own initiative.
- Networking with clients, both in person and on social media
- Maintaining client records on the company database and keeping information relating to your activities in an orderly fashion.
- Diary management of the sales team
The Sales Director will be available to provide support in selling the proposition to clients and training will be provided in these elements of the role. You will work to hit sales targets defined by the business and regular sales meetings will be held to review your results and to plan for future activities. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in the development of exhibitions, and will provide the right candidate with scope to develop the role as the company grows and expands its offering. They are offering a basic salary of around £22-24k depending on experience with a generous bonus scheme and commission. Please call Dan at Alexander Chapel to discuss or apply now with your CV