Trustees (Including a Treasurer)
Reach Volunteering is working with Citizens Advice Camden to recruit new trustees (Including a Treasurer) for their board.
About the organisation
Citizens Advice Camden is an independent charity that has been giving free, confidential, impartial advice to the local community for over 75 years. Last year over 9,000 people used our service and we helped them deal with over 22,000 different problems – most commonly with benefits, debt, and housing.
We were recently successfully inspected by national Citizens Advice, achieving an outright pass. As a Trustee you will be closely involved in helping us to maintain these standards and adapt to the future.
About the role
As a member of our Board You will be responsible for the overall direction, vision, strategy and accountability of Citizens Advice Camden.
You will have a background in one or more of the following: finance, audit, advice and legal services, HR/employment law, income generation, marketing and communication, and a passion for helping Camden residents.
We are looking for people who offer some of the following:
- Experience in senior management roles
- Knowledge or understanding of the legal and advice sector
- Empathy and commitment to the mission and objectives of Citizens Advice Camden
- Willingness to put time and effort into the role of Trustee
- Understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of strategic development and planning
- Experience of fundraising and income generation in the third sector
- Senior HR / employment law expertise
- Charity finance and SORP
- Experience of audit and risk management
- Understanding of how to market and raise the profile of third sector organisations
- A knowledge of/relationship with key stakeholders in Camden
We welcome applications from residents of Camden and surrounding boroughs irrespective of ethnicity, race, nationality, disability, age, religion or belief, gender and sexual orientation.
These roles are voluntary and unpaid but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
You would be expected to attend 8 full board and committee meetings a year, and an annual away-day.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV together with a support application letter.
Deadline: 16 February 2018