Control Systems Engineer
tna are in a strong growth phase and a new opportunity is now available for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join our European team, based in Birmingham.
The types of machinery in tna’s extensive product range include industrial drum washers and destoners, distribution conveyors, flavour seasoning and spraying systems, multi-head weighers, metal detectors, date coding and verification scanning systems, VFFS packaging systems, promotional inserting and label applications.
As part of the product development team, the primary focus for our Control Systems Engineers is to develop the software control systems housed within tna’s food processing, packaging and distribution equipment. The ability to understand complex control systems is essential.
tna’s Control Systems Engineersare required to:
- Develop electrical control systems using HMI’s and SCADA
- Design PLC programs
- Liaise with and provide support to Technical Support to find solutions to software issues of equipment and/or systems and report the findings to the team
- Develop and document test procedures for machinery designed
- Document to the required level for CE compliance
- Preparation of PLC programs and configuration of operator interfaces
- Preparation of manufacturing and installation specifications
- Testing and commissioning
- Preparation of test plans
- Provide customer support as required
- Some domestic and international travel will be required
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
As a tna Control Systems Engineer you will have:
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering, or similar education
- Strong knowledge of Automation (Electrical, Instrumentation & Control)
- High level process improvement skills with analytical ability and strategic problem solving focus (root cause analysis, process improvements & corrective actions)
- Proven ability to easily work with other site stakeholders to motivate and inspire team contribution and to influence outcomes.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting skills with technical support, installation and/or commissioning experience
- Writing of technical documentation
- Knowledge & experience advanced PLC programming
- Knowledge of configuration, programming and commissioning of PLC’s, variable speed drives.
- Good working knowledge of Allen Bradley configuration, industrial Ethernet configuration, Wonderware or Factory Talk must be demonstrated
- Strong knowledge of Electrical regulations and electrical power systems
- Possess excellent communication skills and want to work in a collaborative atmosphere
- Identification with tna values including being a team player, passionate, professional, committed, honest and treat people with dignity and respect
What does tna offer me?
- The opportunity of working in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Rapidly expanding global business
- In-house training
- Network of technician and engineers supporting each other
- Annual salary review
- Bonus based on company profitability and individual performance
- Medical and Pension Plans
- Paid holidays
Here at tna we work as a global team and encourage growth and professional advancement. If you see yourself adding value to our current team, please Apply by submitting your resume and an introduction letter outlining how you meet the selection criteria. Remuneration is negotiable.
We regret to inform that we can only accept candidates with permission to work in the UK and be able to travel freely across the European countries.
Due to the expected high application rate, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
At this stage, we are not accepting introductions from Agencies.