Group Financial Controller
Alexander Daniels is exclusively working with a group of businesses in Birmingham City Centre. Having experienced some recent growth, the business is now looking to capitalise on it's position by appointing a new assured Financial Controller.
This role will help to provide key management information that will be essential as the business undertakes further expansion. This is a new role and the successful candidate will have the advantage to evolve with the business and influence the future shape of the finance department. You will have a genuine opportunity to put forward your own ideas, drive change and influence decesions at a board level.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, you will manage a team of five providing a valueable accounting service including statutory and management accounting. Key responsibilities will include :-
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage month-end closure including preparation of monthly performance/kpi packs;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including consolidation;
- Balance sheet management and review including producing detailed forecasts;
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting;
- Manage year-end audit and preparation of the statutory accounts;
- VAT & other statutory taxes;
- Multi-currency accounting;
- Manage the ledgers; and
- Financial planning and analysis.
Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with significant experience of working in a SME business with inter-company transactions. The role will ideally suit someone already in a similar role but looking to develop their commercial awareness and take additional responsibility.
This is a rare opportunity for any ambitious individual to join a growing team and be part of a success story.