Cyber Security Engineer
Our client - a multinational high-tech business, providing solutions to the defence, aerospace and security industries - is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer with specialist skills in Network Intrusion Detection systems to support, maintain, troubleshoot and tune the security devices - working in conjunction with other cyber security specialists as an integral part of a wider system implementation. The position requires demonstrable experience within a similar role preferably working in secure environment such as a MOD/GOV/NATO environment.
· Ensuring that all specialist applications such as event correlation (and its associated remote data collection feeds), network discovery, network traffic pattern/flow analysis, mail content checking, extrusion detection and on-line computer forensics tools are installed, configured and operational
· Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats to ensure the security of the networks and assets.
· Write technical articles for internal knowledge base, Whitepapers based upon system integration, functionality upgrades and service improvements.
· Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently
· Coordinate or participate in individual or team projects
· Cisco FireSight
· Experience and in depth knowledge of Cisco FMS in large environments utilising Cisco 8000 series hardware Sensors including virtual appliances
· Demonstrate experience of Snort rule writing, rule & pre-processor tuning, rule & pre-processor performance testing and verification
· Sound knowledge of Cisco FMS report generation, log and rule correlation
· Cisco FMS and series 8000 Sensor troubleshooting including performance enhancements
· Experience of system upgrades and security updates on live systems
· Experience with 8000 Series Stacked/Clustered Sensors
· A sound knowledge of IT security best practice, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
· Demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and application logs to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours