Financial Accountant, Birmingham, super career opportunity!
Haig&Co are thrilled to have been engaged by one of Birmingham's most recognised brands to source for the role as Financial Accountant, based in their shared service centre - Finance, this position will join an already stellar team of business professionals.
Well-established and respected business having a global reach and brand. Growing, acquisitive and highly profitable, with a legacy stretching back decades, this employer brand can offer a progressive role and environment for you to develop as a finance and shared services professional. The team are a truly great mix of positive and focused individuals who enjoy the collaborative working environment.
As Financial Accountant you report to the Group Reporting & Planning Manager and you will be responsible for the group reporting in line with the latest accounting standards
- All aspect of financial and statutory reporting
- Period end management reporting and group submissions
- Review and implementation of improvements in all monthly reporting processes
- Understanding and monitoring of regulatory policy and proposals
- Provision of professional accounting guidance and advice
- Project, anaysis and investment support
- Newly qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent, ideally you will be looking for an exciting role out of practice into a more commerial environment
- Strong experience of financial and statutory reporting
- Extensive understanding and working knowledge of accounting standards
- Strong leadership and ability to engage at all levels
- Focused outlook, working to exacting deadlines
- Strong IT capability
if you are seeking your next career move out of practice and into a more commerical environment then this role is definitely for you. On offer is the chance to join a genuinely positive culture, for you to gain further development and contribute to the growth of a local Birmingham brand. Competitive salary plus benefits.