Insurance Portfolio Lead
Insurance Portfolio Lead - Midlands
Salary up to £59K (depending on experience) benefits & package
Search Insurance are currently supporting a national insurance business in the appointment of an Insurance Portfolio Lead for there Birmingham operation.
Insurance Portfolio Lead
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic and operational support in the streamlining of insurance processes and procedures to further enhance the company's customer satisfaction and service. The role is heavily business change focused with particular emphasis on the following duties:
- Working in partnership with the Head of IT & Business Change to provide P3O functions and services, which will have a measurable impact on the effectiveness of the Business Unit to ensure alignment with strategic business objectives
- Create Business Unit change investment portfolio delivery plans; provide essential management information and forecasts to deliver the short and longer term strategic objectives. Ensuring sufficient frequency, granularity, accuracy and insight to facilitate appropriate Senior Manager decision making
- Take responsibility for delivery of P3O functions and services ensuring that demand is understood and supply is aligned both in terms of capacity and capability
- Provide hands on PMO support, insurance knowledge and guidance across the Change portfolio
- Collaborate with Head of IT & Business Change and Financial Controller to provide financial insight and review portfolio affordability
- Collaborate with Head of Assurance to support insurance project and portfolio level quality assurance
- Critically review and evaluate Business Unit PMO activity, identifying alignment with the Divisional PMO target operating model making recommendations to the Head of IT & Business Change where conflicts and contention exist so that the integrity of the model is maintained.
- Adhere to best practice P3O functions and services to ensure a consistent and excellent level of service that means customer expectations are met, is consistent with what has been communicated and is aligned to the company's Treating Customers Fairly policy
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
The successful candidate must have experience within the insurance industry, either from an insurer or broker background from a Business Change or equivalent role, and possess the following skills:
- P3O Foundation and Practitioner
- Demonstrated experience in delivering best practice PMO functions and services
- Experience in delivering a process change
- Management of staff
- Experience of using Portfolio Management tools
- Understanding and use of Microsoft Office and Sharepoint
Please note candidates without experience working similar roles within the insurance sector will not be considered for this opportunity.
If you meet the criteria for the Insurance Portfolio Lead role, please apply. Or for more information contact Natalie Ward directly on Leeds 308 8061, or connect via LinkedIn.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.