Director - Highways
Job Title: Director - Highways
Salary: £65K - £75K + Excellent Benefits
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Director to join our Transport Group to help develop our portfolio of work with Highways England. Whilst this role is based at our office in Birmingham, the successful candidate must be willing to travel around the U.K, visit other offices and on occasions stay overnight from time to time.
Main Role Responsibilities:
1. Key Account Leadership for Highways England
2. Responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with one or more key customers and partner organisations
3. Leading technical development investments towards client requirements in the highways sector
4. Responsible for market sector intelligence and generating new leads
5. Leading and assisting on major Highway tenders
6. Identification of situations where additional project sales, concept sales or developments are in the interest of the key customer
7. Coordinating market strategies with other Directors
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge:
1. PhD, Master's or Bachelor's degree within technical/engineering field, social science, humanities, or scientific field.
2. Significant professional experience within the highways sector in a technical/professional field with related experience of sales and marketing
3. In-depth knowledge of Highways England Delivery Plans, Customer Service Strategy and Roads Investment Strategy
4. Ability to operate in a culturally diverse and internationally minded organisation
5. Excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
6. Ability to analyse market trends and initiate the development of new concepts, innovation and investment initiatives
7. Experienced negotiator who can create results in complex organisations and has the experience and ability to understand the client's needs
8. Capability to motivate, lead and develop bid teams
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.