Conference & Event Business Development Sales Executive
Our Client, a West Midlands based Football Club are looking for an experienced Business Development Sales Executive to work as part of the Conference and Banqueting/Events team. You will be required to help develop relationships with new and existing clients. The role will include meeting and exceeding targets with the view to increasing revenue across non-match day Meetings and Events and ensuring that the Conference and Banqueting department continues to grow in revenue and profitability.
The successful candidate will be required to:-
- Sell the stadium as a venue for all types of 'events’ from Meetings and Conferences to Christmas Parties and weddings.
- Target new customers through existing databases and to self-source and develop fresh prospects through outbound telesales.
- Meet and exceed sales targets as set by line manager
- Build relationships with existing customers and increase revenue where possible
- Network externally and build relationships with key customers
- Arrange appointments with potential customers to generate new business opportunities.
- Present the Stadium in a structured professional way
- Negotiating the terms of sale and closing the deal
- Negotiate on price and costs with the aim of getting a sale
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Excellent telephone manner with an ability to make quality outbound calls
- Proven business-to-business sales experience with a track record in delivering results
- Commitment to customer service and detail
- Dynamic, confident, determined, pro-active, organised and methodical
- Resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection
- Computer literate (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A knowledge and track record of event and venue sales would be preferred
- A Football knowledge (desirable but not essential
- Flexibility to work special events/dinners for which lieu hours are given
Benefits to include:-
- A competitive salary of £18,000 - £20,000 negotiable.
- Additional Quarterly Bonus - based on performance
- Other rewarding incentives up for grabs.
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm (one hour lunch break)
- Option to work Match days which would be in addition to agreed salary
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.