Scaffold Design Engineer
Access Design & Safety Ltd are recruiting a full time Trainee Design Engineer to join a small but growing scaffolding design team based in Dudley, West Midlands.
As a Design Engineer it will be your responsibility, with guidance from more experienced engineers, to produce technical design drawings and calculations from customer’s design briefs for the erection of scaffolding on site.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience or a qualification in using AutoCAD
- Have a degree level engineering qualification
- Be familiar with technical scale drawings
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be proficient in the use of common MS Office software, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Have a good attitude towards learning new skills and working within a small but ambitious company
Other desirable qualities:
- Some knowledge of scaffolding or the scaffolding industry
- Work experience within a design or construction based role
- A degree level structural engineering qualification
- Knowledge of bespoke wind / frame analysis software
- Skills and experience from other roles within the construction industry that can be applied to this role.
The successful candidate can expect an annual salary of £19,000 - £22,000 depending on experience and qualifications with the opportunity for this to increase quickly with experience and ability. There is also a possibility for further formal bespoke design training.