Software Support Developer
Our client are an extremely successful North West business.
They now require experienced developer to join the team.
You will have a natural aptitude to analysing and solving complex operational issues by supporting, maintaining and developing in an RPG/ILE environment.
The position requires strong business skills and would be responsible for investigating and resolving application functionality related issues.
You will provide operational support to the business and it’s client community, in support of the in-house core systems, with primary focus on the ERP system built on IBM iSeries technology and using RPG/ILE code.
As a Software Support Developer you will report to the Service Delivery Manager and have the skills and experience to support the business by delivering software fixes, data fixes and software changes that provide the systems with improvement and stability.
The person will have the drive and determination to quickly build their understanding of processes, identifying where the system can be used to improve efficiency, or where the system is not being used in the right way to support the needs of the business.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own, manage and resolve issues in the business or with customers relating to the core set of applications and systems.
- Lead in fault finding and Problem resolution (in accordance with ITIL) with existing IT Systems
- Software coding and unit testing in line with technical design and functional specification.
- Will be able to undertake business requirements analysis and specification development for small project work where applicable
- Development of Unit Test Specifications and co-ordination of test activity based on the output of the Business Requirements. Will also undertake system testing as required.
- Provide operational and technical support documentation
- Deliver software development in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally agreed with Manager/Project Leader
- Communicate software development fixes or changes to business colleagues managing expectations
- Undertake the enhancement and maintenance of IT Systems such that they meet the required standards of performance, reliability and resilience
- To provide detailed technical assistance and direction in the evaluation of new IT Systems
- Contribute to IT projects as part of a team or as a team leader
- Able to work on more than one priority issue simultaneously
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideally educated to degree level 2:1 minimum grade
- Self-starter, able to work on activities with minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of System development methodologies, both Waterfall and Agile.
- Specialist iSeries knowledge with strong RPG/ILE background or experience
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Interpersonal skills (written and oral communication).
- Creativity and innovation.
- Ability to develop colleagues through own specialist knowledge.
- Proven experience as a seasoned developer.
- Innovative approach to apply technology to deliver business solutions.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working in a structured and disciplined way to deliver high quality application software.
- Naturally inquisitive, continually striving to keep up to date with all developments in their specialised area and application development generally.
- 5-10 years experience in an IT Systems Development and/or Support Environment working with RPL/ILE code
- Achievement and Drive
- Building relationships
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Focus
- Developing Self and Others
- Interpersonal and Influencing
- Team Working
Excellent package offered to the successful candidate.