A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Analyst to join an established, award winning law firm. The firm boasts a broad range of specialist legal services and has recently experienced high levels of growth and development.
They are on the lookout for a highly flexible Business Analyst who will be required to proactively engage with business and functional departments, identifying current and emerging business requirements. As a part of a small team, within a very large enterprise, the role requires a broad set of skills and a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. They will not be constrained by a rigid job specification and be sufficiently experienced to be able to pick up additional duties as necessary. They are looking for someone who is "hands on" in their approach whilst always maintaining a focus on the higher level priorities of the business.
Business Analyst key duties include:
* Understanding the IT Strategy and influence business areas
* Supporting business areas in documenting Business Cases to demonstrate benefits, risks and financial appraisal for projects to support robust investment decision making.
* Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed.
* Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Working both independently, with users to define concepts, and under direction of the IT Manager
* Driving and challenging business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
* Being the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
Business Analyst desired skills and experience:
* 8 - 10 years Business Analysis experience
* A demonstrable track record of delivery in a complex environment
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
* Legal experience
* Knowledge of organisational behaviour
If you wish to be considered for the Business Analyst position, please apply below. Ryan Hargreaves our Legal IT specialist at Douglas Scott will be in contact you shortly.
Please contact Ryan Hargreaves, Legal IT Recruitment Consultant, to discuss this role in more detail or you can apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their IT vacancies so you can therefore apply for our Legal IT jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and we will discuss this and any future role with you and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more Legal IT jobs nationwide.