Mechanical Design Engineer
A permanent position in now available at our International Engineering Client's site based in Coventry.
The role is to include preparation of drawings and BOM’s for manufacture. Regenerate old drawing formats on the CAD system. Improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times. Design new products including grinding machines, sub assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
- 3D CAD Modelling and Draughting on Autodesk Inventor 2010 creating drawings of sheet metal, fabricated metal components and castings.
- Updating the 3D Drawing database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Calculating forces (inertia, torque, etc.).
- Design of gear systems, slide ways, machine bases etc
- Design of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Produce design solutions that meet customer and internal requirements, conform to safety and other legal requirements.
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc.
- Liaison with shop floor staff, design engineers, sales team and suppliersAbility to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
- A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Experience in machine tools design.
- Experience in selecting motors, calculate inertia, torque.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD is essential.
- Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Hours of Work: 8am to 4.30pm Mon to Thurs and 8am to 3.30pm Friday