Reach Volunteering is working with Guts UK in the recruitment of a new Digital Trustee to join their board.
About the organisation
Previously known as Core, Guts UK is the only medical research charity that covers all digestive conditions of the gut, liver and pancreas, from top to tail. Guts UK is uniquely placed as the sister charity of the British Society of Gastroenterology – the digestive health of the nation is in their hands.
About the role
As part of the transition to a more outward facing charity, Guts UK needs a digital strategy expert who can help the organisation take advantage of the many digital opportunities and challenges faced. A great digital strategy means more than just redesigning the website and utilising social media, it means making services and knowledge readily available to the public, creating a community and redefining the ways in which we reach out to and support our beneficiaries. The digital trustee will be integral to the transition of Guts UK and will work closely with other trustees to ensure that the organisation is taking full advantage of its website, its online presence and other digital tools for outreach and income generation.
- Knowledge and experience of working with IT and digital technologies relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Experience in website development and the use of web analytics would be an advantage.
- Experience of delivering incremental change to existing technologies and processes through the introduction of new and digital technologies to improve efficiency, effectiveness and impact.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong network of contacts from the IT and digital sectors (not for profit and / or private sector).
- A commitment to and understanding of Guts UK’s purpose and mission
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the effectiveness and availability of information regarding digestive health.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to perform the duties outlined above.
On average, it is estimated that this role will require 8 hours per month.
Trustee of Guts UK are expected to attend four board meetings per year with some strategy days taking place in-between. Trustees will be expected to contribute to appropriate subcommittee meetings and be available on an ad hoc basis depending on the needs of the charity.
Board meetings currently take place in central London but it is hoped that, as a national charity, a proportion of Guts UK board meetings will eventually take place elsewhere in the country.
How to apply
Applications must be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance. To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
For further details about the role and the organisation, please request a candidate pack.
Apply for Digital Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly