Marketing and Communications Trustee
Reach Volunteering is currently working with Guts UK in the recruitment of a new marketing and communications trustee to join their board.
About the organisation
Previously known as Core, Guts UK is the only medical research charity that covers all digestive conditions of the gut, liver and pancreas, from top to tail. Guts UK is uniquely placed as the sister charity of the British Society of Gastroenterology – the digestive health of the nation is in their hands.
About the role
We are looking for a Trustee with marketing and communications expertise. An appreciation of the importance of digestive health is essential to this role as is an in-depth understanding of marketing and communications. The ideal candidate will be someone who can assist us in achieving our aim to extend and diversify the services we provide and to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for the organisation. We are looking for someone who can help define and develop our long term goals with an ambitious and creative marketing strategy
Guts UK is seeking someone who can shape the way in which the organisation engages the public as well as other partner and professional organisations. Because our organisational remit covers the full spectrum of digestive diseases and conditions, there will undoubtedly be a broad range of medical, academic, charitable and public bodies that the organisation will need to engage, each requiring a tailored approach. In addition, the development of our website will be fundamental to the organisation’s ambitious plans meaning the Marketing & Comms trustee will be working closely with our digital trustee and staff.
The candidate is expected to have the following attributes:
- Experience of marketing and communications at a senior level.
- Working in a team, being a self-motivator, willing to share views and knowledge.
- You must be innovative, creative and ambitious regarding the organisation’s prospects, identifying key areas for promotion and growth.
- Ability to develop, test and launch new services and/or campaigns to successfully deliver growth.
- Proven effectiveness in facilitating organisational change with regard to branding and public engagement.
- Rigorous analytical thinking and problem solving skills with proven experience of designing efficient processes and strategies that result in impact to beneficiaries.
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity with a willingness to break-down taboos surrounding the importance of digestive health care.
- Project management expertise in the delivery of complex projects/activities to achieve long terms strategic objectives and strong, positive publicity.
On average, it is estimated that this role will require 8 hours per month.
Trustee of Guts UK are expected to attend four board meetings per year with some strategy days taking place in-between. Trustees will be expected to contribute to appropriate subcommittee meetings and be available on an ad hoc basis depending on the needs of the charity.
Board meetings currently take place in central London but it is hoped that, as a national charity, a proportion of Guts UK board meetings will eventually take place elsewhere in the country.
How to apply
Applications must be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance. To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
For further details about the role and the organisation, please request a candidate pack.
Apply for Marketing and Communications Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly