Java Developer - Financial Solutions BI Manchester URGENT
My clients BI delivery team is looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high performing, scalable, enterprise grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that develops software products for my clients business intelligence markets.
You will be responsible for Java/JEE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and deployment in both local and hosted environments.
• Design and develop high-volume, performant applications for critical systems delivering high availability and performance.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, including CI and deployment processes.
• Write well-designed, testable efficient code.
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications, and where required prototype new technologies.
• Prepare and produce releases of software components and their documentation.
• Maintain awareness of developing technologies and their application to our solutions.
• 3-4 years commercial experience working with J2SE/JEE
• Expert level Java (Core, J2SE, JEE)
• Experience following architectural processes in an agile environment (preferably Scrum)
• Test driven development / JUnit testing with mocking (ideally Mockito)
• Database design and integration
• Complex multi-tiered architecture development
• Standard Java web technologies: JSP, Servlets, MVC pattern, Tomcat
• Front end (HTML, CSS, JQuery, AJAX)
• JDBC SQL query execution and optimization
• Relational database experience (MS SQL Server or Postgres)
• Java Portal (ideally Liferay) • JSF (ideally PrimeFaces) • Maven/Gradele or similar • ORM (ideally Mybatis) • Behavioral Testing (preferably JBehave) • CI and Automated Delivery (Bamboo) • Web Services (SOAP and REST) • JMS • Documentation