My client is a leading retail business that is undergoing a large change-management programme and is looking to strengthen its Financial Accounts team with the appointment of a proactive, technical and assured Financial Accountant.
In a varied role, you will take ownership for the monthly financial accounting and detailed reporting requirements for the global operations of several divisions of the business, as well as all corporate tax affairs, group reporting, year-end statutory accounting and project accounting.
You will enjoy a diverse, 'hands-on', progressive role in a large, successful, ambitious and growing business - helping it to become more compliant, improve its reporting procedures and generally improve processes across the financial accounting department.
Ideally, you will:
- Have a background in audit, having recently qualified (ACCA or ACA) from a large practice and be looking for your first move into industry;
- Be a natural communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills, comfortable with dealing with finance & non-finance people at senior levels;
- Have exposure of dealing with large international groups, and be experienced with different reporting requirements including IFRS.
In return, you will:
- Enjoy a great first step into industry finance in a varied, hands-on and progressive role in a very successful and still-growing business;
- Enjoy great long-term career prospects in this international business, acquiring relevant experience to equip you for senior roles in the future;
- Have flexibility in your role, enabling you to recommend and implement specific changes designed to help you make a more effective impact in your particular business area;
- Receive a competitive package and also be trained, developed and mentored in terms of finding your feet in your first industry role.
An ideal opportunity for a bright, confident auditor to make their first move into industry in a broad, varied and hands-on financial accounting position - helping you gain the relevant and appropriate business experience to build and develop your industry finance career towards becoming an FD of the future.