Business Development Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced and well qualified individual to join us as a Business Development Manager.
The role will be based at our Bristol office, but will be required to support the Firm across all of our offices in the South West and London, with time spent in the other offices, as required.
This is a key role driving strategic business development for the firm in the Business Services Division and Technology Sector.
The key requirements of this important role are:
- To work closely with the Head of Business Development and Marketing and the wider team to ensure an effective business development programme is developed and delivered;
- Responsible for managing a budget and adhering to internal protocols as well as analysing and organising all costs and expenditures for the division and sector
- Pitching and developing new business from new and existing clients;
- To take the lead in providing strategic, practical business development support, market research and advice to the firm with the aim of building new markets and profitably exploiting new business opportunities, as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities from departments within the Business Services Division and Technology Sector;
- To forge strong relationships with existing and potential Business Partners; maximising the Business opportunities from existing client relationships, new client relationships and cross-selling opportunities;
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with at least 2 years of relevant business development experience gained in a commercial and ideally Legal environment.
This is a great opportunity for a natural self-starter with previous experience gained from an autonomous account manager role to join a very busy department.
You will have a proven track record as an effective communicator and be able to influence and persuade at all levels. You will also have strong leadership skills and be able to lead and motivate the Marketing and Business Development Executive reporting into this post, as well as ensuring that the profile and reputation of the department as a whole remains at a high standard.
The right candidate will find this an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking Firm, where the Business Development and Marketing function is central to its overall business strategy and where they can make a major contribution to the Firm's continuing success.