Events Executive - Events/Conferences
Our client is a leading events conferences business and they an events executive with experience of managing simulataneous events conferences and respond to customer needs at a high leve
Prior to Event
- Make and maintain regular contact with the Chairpersons and Speakers and seek to obtain their written papers and presentations for inclusion in the Conference.
- Liaise with your manager responsible re venue bookings to ensure that you are fully briefed.
- Create venue pages for overseas & outsourced venues.
- Liaise with other key staff (Production, Marketing, Sponsorship, Accounts) involved in the event to ensure they are fully briefed.
- Consult and liaise with suppliers, raising purchase orders and confirming requirements
- Consult and liaise with the venue regarding the event, layout and final numbers.
- Conduct site visits of all London Venues.
- Manage the floor plans of your events.
- Manage programme changes as required.
- Ensure that all sponsorship requirements have been carried out as per the booking form.
- Book Delegate and Speaker accommodation.
- Ensure all Conference Documentation is complete and up to date for dispatch after the event.
- Ensure you have all workshop requirement from leader, Laptop, handouts etc..
- Process all Cancellations and pass to Credit Control.
- Develop good internal relationships with all departments, ensuring clear communication is always made and act as the main point of contact.
- Liaise with the AV team to make sure they are fully briefed on all AV equipment needed such as web and teleconferences.
- Arrange and shipment and ensure safe arrival of all your materials to venues.
At the Event
- Manage the quality Control checklist at all times.
- Ensure the venue is set up correctly as previously agreed.
- Check all AV equipment is set up & working.
- Set up the Registration Desk, display stands, etc
- Ensure Sponsors are set-up as agreed.
- Register Delegates efficiently and with the highest level of customer service.
- Welcome Speakers and introduce them to the Producer, Chairman, Audio Visual Technician.
- Administer non-payee procedures.
- Ensure the programme runs to time
- Work to pre-agreed budgets.
- Liaise with Conference venue to ensure the service provided is compliant with what was agreed.
- Manage all networking Events and ensure they are run to time & budget.
- Ensure Evaluation forms are circulated and completed by all attendees.
Also to manage all post event return any payments, safe delivery of equirement and deal with post post event evaluation.
Prospective candidates must have the following skills:
- Have at least 1-2 years relevant experience of being an Events Executive on B2B Conferences
- Posses excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Have the experience of providing a five star customer service to Senior Executives from Blue Chip Companies
- Are willing to Travel during the Conference Season (September to June)
- Are motivated and passionate.
- Are very organised and calm under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- You are a capable problem solver, who is able to work on your own initiative.
- Have the ability to take on extra workload and tasks, whilst successfully managing original workload
- Have competent computer operation skills inc. MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint
This is a fantastioc position for an individual with excellent Events and Conference experience and strong organisational skills.