Our goal is to find: the right talent the right job.
- Position: Technical Manager
- Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 p/a (depending on experience)
- Location: Stevenage, Herts
- Contract: Permanent (35 hours per week)
- Do you have a broad range of retail and/or manufacturing in the furniture and furnishings sector?
- Are you a confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills?
- Would you describe yourself as well organised and can work well towards deadlines?
- Is writing reports something you’re good at?
- Does the occasional travel across the UK and abroad appeal to you?
- Are you a strong communicator?
If you answer 'YES’ to the above, then this position could be the next exciting career opportunity as a ‘Technical Manager’ which you’re looking for...
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- To manage and provide leadership to a small team of consultants within our clients business
- To produce weekly and monthly reports within the division to support the General Manager
- To support the development of the consultancy team through training, mentoring and the PMP process
- Represent the Association at consultation and standards meetings and become recognised by industry as one of our clients leading technical experts
- Provide fee generating technical consultancy to our clients including, but not limited to, audits, risk assessments, expert witness work, training and specification reviews
- To be adaptable and do project work and business support services in a range of disciplines
- Provide technical support to the operational, sales and marketing departments for our client
- Identify and investigate new opportunities for a client that have commercial potential
- Develop and grow any future opportunities so that they can subsequently be delivered as viable services, projects or products
- A broad experience of retail and /or manufacturing in the furniture and furnishings sector
- The ability to learn, assimilate and communicate new technical competencies
- Technical knowledge and excellence in standards/legislation, with special reference to product testing, quality, sustainability and the environment
- Capable of mixing with all levels within in the industry and confident to assume a position of technical competence
- An ability to manage and develop teams
- Experience of working at a technical, legislative or environmental level within the furniture industry
- An ability to learn, assimilate and communicate new technical competencies Relevant graduate or related qualifications
- Ability to grasp both financial and business concepts.
- Capable of communicating with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Good prioritisation to reach decisions quickly and effectively
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change – committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Disciplined, dependable, reliable; able to produce consistently high quality written reports
- Ability to understand and balance commercial and financial pressures Committed to delivering work to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible, willing and capable of learning new skills and technologies to reflect changing business needs
- Able to travel extensively within the UK and, on occasions, abroad.
About TalentHQ Recruitment Ltd
TalentHQ Ltd are an "Award Winning" recruitment consultancy which is headed up by a team of talented consultants.
Within our HQ we specialise in adding 'talent' within Temporary & Permanent positions across all Business Support roles from Junior to Senior Management.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s businesses throughout the UK.
TalentHQ - FSB Hertfordshire - Best New Business - Winners 2014 & Most Inspiring New Business 2015.