Brand & Marketing Manager
Brand & Marketing Manager
Location: East London
Salary: Circa £40k depending on Experience
Plumen created the world’s first designer energy saving light bulb in 2010. After winning numerous awards and being recognised by the likes of the V&A and MoMA we have sold over half a million products and built a global lighting brand that punches well above its weight. After a successful crowdfunding in 2016, we are now building the team and a Marketing Manager is going to be key to our growth and continued success. We’re using design to inspire the world to use efficient lighting, just like Tesla did for electric cars. And we need your help to spread the word.
We’re looking for a super-bright and energetic, inspirational Brand and Marketing Manager, with a passion for design, digital brand building, consumer products and start-ups. This role will suit a marketeer who’s worked across all channels, who’d like the next step in their career, and take ownership of our small, yet feisty Marketing function. You’ll become our brand and develop Plumen into an internationally renowned and respected household name.
As your main responsibilities, you will be expected to:
- Manage the marketing team (both in-house and freelance) to deliver on our visionary strategy.
- Own all marketing channels, ensuring all content is on-brand & delivering results.
- Initiate and develop appropriate partnerships that will drive growth.
- Improve our conversion rate of incoming leads into tangible sales.
- Work with the MD to develop and execute our online advertising strategy, maximising the spend resourcefully – constantly monitoring performance and responding accordingly.
- Ensure all content and products stay on brand.
- Make sure all creative content is produced efficiently and quickly without losing quality..
- Manage the creation of all marketing related creative content (photography, video, graphic design, copywriting)
- Monitor online sales on a weekly basis, to facilitate growth according to our business plan.
- Oversee the development of new sections of the website.
- Manage the development and growth of Plumen’s online communities.
- Recruit and manage our PR partner so that Plumen enjoys maximum coverage on the available budget.
- Work with the sales team to ensure all sales & marketing collateral is delivered on time & on-brand.
- Help establish Plumen’s tone of voice, instilling it into all copy and communications, both to trade and consumer.
- As well as the ability to creative an on-brand vision for Plumen that establishes us firmly as a market leader, you’ll have at least three years experience in Marketing, either within another start-up or you’ll be looking for your first stand-alone Managerial position.
- Your track track record of generating ideas and delivering results with a limited budget will be enviable, and you’ll have experience of bringing marketing strategies to life through all channels including digital.
- You’ll have some experience of nurturing and growing an early stage brand through to wider audience recognition.
- You’ll demonstrate experience managing social media channels and advertising, and be able to show us your copywriting skills in producing engaging and vibrant content.
- You’ll be a real team player, able to immerse yourself in our exciting, and sometimes challenging environment, able to learn from others and evaluate everything you do to achieve awesome results,
Ideally you’ll have:
- Experience in an e-commerce environment.
- Experience working in entrepreneurial environments/start-ups.
- An approach that means you’re always on the pulse of what’s changing in the digital and social media space and a passion to try out new creative and ad formats.
In return, you’ll be able to take ownership and make an impact very quickly within a design and manufacturing business whose products are innovative, creative, design-led and beautiful in their simplicity. You’ll work with like-minded, passionate individuals.
Do you think you’d be up for the challenge? If so, tell us more about yourself and why you think you’d be right for the role.
Keywords: Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing, Brand Manager, Brand Guardian, Marketing Manager, Online Marketing, Omnichannel, Multichannel, E-Commerce Marketing, Retail Marketing