The purpose of the role is to take the lead and be responsible for financial and taxation reporting, financial accounting
judgements, provide advice to managers and other internal customers, liaise with auditors,regulators, banks, professional advisors, HMRC and third parties including contractors, in order to comply with regulation and maximise financial resources for the group ensuring continuous improvement.
- Take the lead in the production of quarterly returns etc and annual statutory
accounts (Year End), , including preparation of audit papers and schedules, f or the Financial
Manager to review.
- Take the lead in the production of monthly tax returns (CIS and VAT) and annual VAT partial
exemption calculations and corporation tax returns
- Supporting the day to day delivery of operational financial transactions to time and quality,
including signing off reconciliations and control accounts prepared by assistant accountant .
- Take the lead on maintaining and improving the internal control assurance framework -including financial and standing order regulations - ensuring that all internal audit recommendations are addressed on time, to the agreed standard.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring that all financial accounting policies and procedures
are legally compliant and reflect best practice
The right candidate:
Will ideally be fully qualified (ACCA/ACA)
Have the ability to manage key stakeholders
Have previous experience in a similar role
Strong excel skills
In return you will work for an excellent business that invests in their people. If this sounds of interest, please apply now!