As Retail Manager you'll plan, organise and coordinate all retail activity across theoperational business area.
You'll ensure your team are engaged, motivated and getting the most from their roles..
An excellent opportunity for those who havenatural leadership skillsalongsidemerchandising and marketing experience within the retail sector, as working hours are much 'kinder'; than the norm! You are required to work core hours Monday to Friday and only occasional weekends for holiday cover or absenteeism, or when there are Open Days, Family Fun Days and Cadet Days etc.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.Package description
Competitive salary of £20,000-£25,000benefits includingbonus, pension,option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the retail operational business area
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Embracethe principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports
*please see attached job description for further detailsIdeal candidate
- Provenexperience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Proven experience in retail and/or leisure sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Leadership skills and commercial awareness
- Good numerical and communication skills,
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
- Experience of managing a budget
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.