Accounts Assistant - publishing
Exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join a long established publisher based in modern bright offices in London.
Working alongside the accounts manager, you will be involved in checking and inputting a large volume of sales and royalty information and bookkeeping up to trial balance. It is a busy role demanding accuracy and good attention to detail where experience of book or music publishing would be an advantage.
It would be an ideal role for a book lover or a creative person who appreciates a calm and friendly environment.
- Process royalty statements, advances income and payments received
- Process 6 monthly royalty payments from major publishers
- Chase overdue statements and monies due from UK & overseas publishers.
- Liaise with and help to resolve queries from authors, agents and publishers
- Prepare payment runs, inter-account bank transfers & invoices
- Request reversion of rights from publishers
- Pay company bills
- Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis..
- Monitor & reconcile credit card statements
- Manage mobile phone contracts
- Provide focal point for IT issues and liaise with external IT maintenance provider.
Skills and experience required
- Accounts payable from invoice approval to payment
- Accounts receivable including credit control
- Excellent bank and account reconciliation skills
- Strong Excel
- A love of books would be an advantage
- Very well organised
- Accurate and thorough with good attention to detail
- Part-qualified or qualified by experience
Send a brief covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you would be a good fit for the role and company. Due to high volume we will only reply to short-listed candidates.