Data Engineer - Asset Management
Senior Data Engineer - Python, SQL, Big Data Tech
£50,000- £80,000 + Large Bonus + Large Benefits Package
A globally renowned Asset Management company are looking for a Data Engineer to join a new R&D team, implementing innovative and advanced methodologies to drive profitable investment strategies for Fund Managers. The client are very keen to use Big Data/ non-relational technology and are interested in seeing experience in Cloud Tech, e.g AWS and Redshift, NoSQL databases e.g MongoDB, and Hadoop Technologies, alongside other more traditional technologies.
The core technologies in used by the team now, are Python, SQL, Linux/bash scripting, amongst others, however they are not limited to this.
The role in more detail - Senior Data Engineer
Your responsibility will be to identify useful data sources inside and outside the business, and platform that data from scratch to make is accessible for Data Scientists. This will include:
- Designing and developing the Data Solutions from scratch using Python, SQL, and Linux Bash
- Implementing Cloud and Big Data tech into the business e.g. AWS, Hadoop, Spark
- Identifying data sources and developing strong ETL processes.
Your skills and experience:
The successful Data Architect/ Data Engineer will have:
- In depth experience in large scale design and development projects in a commercial environment
- Excellent Python experience and Bash and Linux Scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of traditional data warehousing technquies and tools, e.g. SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience using cloud, non-relational, and Big Data technologies is a plus e.g. AWS, Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, NoSQL, MongoDB etc.
- Experience working with scripting languages e.g. Python
- A good knowledge of ETL processes
Salary details - Data Engineer
- £50,000 - £80,000
- Large bonus
- 16% non-contributory pension
- Numerous other benefits
How to apply - Data Architect/ Data Engineer
Click on the 'Apply' link on this page to submit your CV. If you would like to find out more about this position, contact Ross at Harnham.
Data Engineer, Python, SQL, Oracle, Big Data, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Asset Management, Data Engineer