Vice President Counsel
To assist the General Counsel with the day-to-day operation of a global legal department at a a leading financial services firm
- Investment Funds - fund establishment including multi-jurisdictional structuring issues, amending fund documents, commenting on offering documentation, creating new share classes, changes to service providers, general fund maintenance including legal/regulatory registrations and compliance in Europe and Asia.
- Corporate - drafting fund board minutes and resolutions and presenting at fund board meetings; assistance to General Counsel with resolutions and meeting minutes for boards of operating companies and certain internal functional committees.
- Distribution and related Agreements - drafting and negotiating distribution agreements, introducer agreements, fee rebate and related agreements with global financial intermediaries and institutional fund investors, working closely with the sales and operations teams.
- Credit Facilities - negotiating corporate and fund credit facility and FX facility documents
- Special Projects - assistance to the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel (London) on special projects
- Legal Research - multi-jurisdictional legal research and drafting advice memoranda.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent academic credentials.
- English qualification preferred however, qualifications from other jurisdictions considered.
- 3 years' post-qualification experience with a top tier law firm, preferably in the investment funds or M&A field. Experience of alternative investment funds a plus.
- High level of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.