Group Finance Manager
I am recruiting for a private equity backed property business who are a couple of 100 million turnover and based on the northern line, just a little north of Camden, right outside the station. The business is a Big 4 client and has two big M&A deals on the go which could ACAdouble the size of the business. The business will IPO in 2018/2019 so great experience. The finance team is currently 23 and this person will be 3rd in line to the Group CFO, reporting to the Group Controller. The PE firm and the management team are pushing this business to get to £400 million quickly and an IPO would probably be FTSE250 size.
The CFO is fantastic and is ACA qualified, E&Y then went into large FTSE100 companies as a Divisional CFO, then two private equity transaction roles after this. He is a good guy I know really well. With the business growing so quickly they need a Group Finance Manager who can manage a small team. Its definaitely not a corporate culture, dress down. Very entreprenerial and innovative. Would pay £65,000-70,000 + 10% Bonus + Bens.
Responsibilities will include:
Prepare monthly consolidated and individual P&L and balance sheets.
• Prepare detailed P&L analysis by entity, make suggestions for performance improvement.
• Prepare reports for the Board
• Strengthen the internal control environment to meet the needs of a potential IPO
• Prepare weekly cash flow and cash flow forecasts.
• Monitor compliance with financial covenants and contractual agreements.
• Ensure compliance with IFRS.
• Support the acquisition programme and leading reporting changes to reflect this.
• Develop a professional Group accounting policy
• Assist in the preparation of the year-end statutory accounts for c. 15 group entities.
• Assist in the budget/forecasting process
• Support the CEO and CFO on specific projects, as required.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/CA qualified from the Big 4/Top 10, then moved into a financial accounting/management accounting role, looking for their first step into a management role.