Principal Service Engineer - IT & Audio Visual
Principal Service Engineer (IT & Audio Visual)
A Principal Service Engineer with third line and systems administration experience is needed to join an exciting tech business based in Birmingham. Expect a fantastic opportunity to progress your career working with the very latest IT and Audio-Visual technologies.
Joining as the Principal Service Engineer, you will interact directly with clients to fix a broad range of highly complex technical issues from their Birmingham HQ and on client site. The technology they implement often underpins how their clients operate on a day-to-day basis so as well as being a trusted technical contact and advisor for clients, you'll need to be mindful of the wider organisational issues and business impact of technology change, factoring this in to detailed planning, migration activity and risk mitigation.
Whether you call yourself a Principal Service Engineer / Third Line Support Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / Service Administrator / Network Engineer / DevOps Engineer or similar, we don't mind, your CV just needs to demonstrate:
- Experience of performing complex technical delivery; Low-level log and performance metric gathering and analysis across a wide variety of technologies and standards (SIP, H.323, RS-232, Web, mail, database, application and file servers, Storage, Hypervisors, Connectivity and inter-application interfaces);Experience managing client migrations as they deploy new technical capabilities;
- Datacentre / hosted services experience;
- Virtualisation experience (Hyper-V preferred / VMware acceptable);
- Layer 3 network deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting experience – multicast, firewalls, R&S;
- Microsoft Server / domain experience (Microsoft certification desirable but not essential);
- Microsoft applications experience – Exchange, Skype for Business, SQL;
- Linux systems administration experience;
- Experience deploying enterprise-grade wireless equipment;
- Experience of Unified Communications (pref. Skype for Business) as well as understanding its meaning and impact to business;
- Audio-visual equipment and associated control system experience (AMX / Crestron);
- A Full UK Driving Licence;
- The willingness to visit clients across the country– you will sometimes be required to work away from home depending on where the project is and the duration. The role requires absolute flexibility on this. This role will be based across the Midlands and South East.
- Common sense – sounds like a simple one, but its key to the success of the role! Can you make good decisions that benefit the client, the team and the business as a whole?
- The ability to continuously, (and rapidly) skill up on new technologies, principles, tools and methods;
- When thrown in at the deep end, you won't flake out managing fundamental problems and certainly won't mind the occasional big hairy issue that takes patience to work through;
- The ability to speak non-geek, build rapport and communicates easily with people at all organisational levels;
- A high level of diplomacy and trust;
- You value team over personal success;
- You are highly detail focused, capable of logically approaching situations and adapting to situations onsite as they arise.
If you think you've got what it takes, even if you don't have ALL of the skills listed (but you're a fast learner) we would love to hear from you.
Joining a team of talented, bright and highly enthusiastic people the Principal Service Engineer should expect exciting ‘world projects', a competitive salary, the opportunity to work with (and play with!) the very latest technology, the chance to have an impact on the company's growth and evolution plus much much more. Get in touch.
IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...